Friday, December 30, 2011

Home Alone

Over the Christmas break (or rush, whatever you want to call it), I had just a little bit of free time. So, I decided to be intentional about giving some of it to my son. Little did I know, I would be wishing for some of it to have never happened.

I thought I would be a cool dad and watch a funny movie with my son. I even thought maybe we could start some sort of tradition by watching the same movie every year. Naturally my mind starts playing through the Christmas movies I watched as a kid. (If you have read my post about Santa, you would guess that movies about Santa, Frosty, or Rudolph were pretty much thrown out right off the bat. lol!) All of the sudden, I think of that hilarious, innocent child who outsmarts the robbers in very clever ways.....Kevin McCallister. Little did I realize how long it had been since I watched that movie and how little I remembered about it.

I'm almost certain my face looked just like Kevin's did above when we got just a little bit into the movie. The entire movie was filled with what is unfortunately today's young child. He called his mom a "dummy." He was very rude, disrespectful, and irresponsible (imagine that). The entire movie continued with this as a theme, including the young Kevin cussing the robbers in the scene where he has set up all the traps.

Although the robbing scene is pretty violent and has that one cussing part, I would have to say that is the cleanest part of the film (it is definitely the funniest), especailly when you take into account Kevin's attitude and his family's attitude toward him. 

Needless to say, Home Alone will not become our father/son Christmas movie tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment